Session 1 – Twitter
- Review general concepts
- Actions For Students:
- Sign up for Twitter account (don’t import your email contacts or follow Twitters suggested users/groups at this point).
- Find and follow @selectivesocialmedia, along with other members of the class and selected individuals as you like.
- Using members of the class, experiment with @, d, and # functions
- Explore the search function to discover topics of interest.
- Especially at first, be selective in the people you follow, i.e., folks you know personally, people with specific expertise in your hobby or professional arena.
Session 2 – Facebook
- Review Twitter and Selective SM site
- Intro Facebook
- setting up profile
- creating lists
- privacy settings
- profile/Timeline features
- add friends and ‘like’ groups
- Log in and explore Facebook group for the class.
- Session 3 – LinkedIn
- Session 4 – Google Plus
- Session 5 – Blogging